No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Pressed glass blue posy holder  (Read 2271 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Pressed glass blue posy holder
« on: November 11, 2005, 10:28:42 PM »
Any help on this posy holder much appreciated.
http://glassgallery.yobunny.org.uk/albums/userpics/10011/Picture%20815.jpg

I couldn't resist at 99p. There are a few little chips in the frog though.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline AlmasAttic

• Members
    • Remtique
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2005, 10:55:29 PM »
Hi

it reminds me of the Bagley Glass "Rutland" pattern

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2005, 11:14:27 PM »
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de/schalen/02664.html
double heart...in my words,but could be similar?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 11:33:25 AM »
Hi

According to Angela Bowey's Bagley Glass CD, this was part of a Bagley Rutland three piece flower set, (missing the black plinth) pattern no. 3078. Was also available as a boudoir or trinket set.

Pattern was made from 1939-1975 (although whether that includes the flower set, or just refers to the trinket isn't specified).

(Ref: Bagley Glass, Angela M Bowey, Derek and Betty Parsons)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Pressed glass blue posy holder
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 11:47:19 AM »
Tigerchips — It needs a black plinth.    If you find one that fits with a wobberly bottom, that will be the one.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 10:00:22 PM »
Thank's, AlmasAttic and Cathy. I looked at all the pressed glass sites for my item - including the Bagley section's - and I still didn't find it.  :D

I was so impressed with the quality and the sharpness of design that I had to buy it. This must be the first piece of glass that's ever blown kisses at me. I mean, it's just not done in todays society is it?

It's no surprise that I'm still single with so many pieces of glass jumping on me like this.

Quote from: "AlmasAttic"
Hi

it reminds me of the Bagley Glass "Rutland" pattern

What a lovely shade of green, Yummy.

Sometimes I forget that I'm a fella and I could get into serious trouble talking like this. I poop too much to be a lady anyway.  :lol:

In case anybody's wondering, I'm 27 years old and getting younger every day hence the childish jokes.  :wink:

And no, i'm not available to people.  :oops:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand