Author Topic: Large brilliant blue bowl  (Read 686 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Large brilliant blue bowl
« on: February 11, 2010, 11:01:49 PM »
This is a large blue bowl.  The bowl appears to be pressed.  It looks as if it has been made in 3 sections as there are 3 lines running from top to bottom and equally spaced.  The bowl measures 14cm high and the top 12.2cm dia. the base 9.2cm.  There is a rim around the base that measures 0.4cm wide and stands slightly proud approx. 0.2/3cm in depth. The vase is quite thick 0.4cm.  I am unable to obtain any info. about this particular piece but have my own feeling that this may be a Sklo Union.  Can anyone assist?   Kind Regards
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Re: Large brilliant blue bowl
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2010, 11:04:37 PM »
Additional pics.
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2010, 11:23:48 PM »
I always associate this colour with Greener & Co in England, Otis, but I might be way off with this one. It's not a pattern I recognise though. No mark on the base I suppose? Sometimes there's one in the centre of the star base which isn't easy to see.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2010, 11:34:04 PM »
Hi Anne,  I have looked at the bowl again and cannot see any markings on it at all.  I even have gone as far as to use a magnifying glass. :24:  Thanks for you help with this.  It is difficult when they are no clear markings.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2010, 09:02:03 AM »
regarding pattern and colour: probably a member of Brockwitz FRIDA range? missing a lid? put upside down as base of a two-part centrepiece?
just guessing  :pb:
Pamela
http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
http://www.glas-musterbuch.de

Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding of worldly things moves his soul.    (Alfred Lichtwark 1852 1914)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 13, 2010, 01:53:55 AM »
Thanks pamela, I will look into that.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com
This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand