No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Holmegaard from Ikea!  (Read 7712 times)

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2005, 01:05:38 PM »
Well he's slowly selling his "Holmegaard" - so it must be the case!  :lol:  :twisted:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Danish Retro Design

• Members
    • http://danish-retro.com
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2005, 02:59:45 PM »
As we have become aware that there is a discussion going on conserning our honesty we would like to be a part of this discussion. We have quite right received the mail from Tigerchips and replied as shown. When we became of this discussion on our honesty as well as one of our items, our initial thought was to believe the honesty of the seller where we have bought the bowl. However we have to be sure that we don't misrepresent our items. Because of this we have conferred with a very recognized expert in Denmark. Sadly we have been mislead when buying this bowl and have learned that the item is NOT a Holmegaard. Of course this means that we have already asked our Webmaster to change the listing as you will be able to see one of the next days.

In the future we will be more careful with ID's and will consult real experts before naming designers and makers. Furthermore we will check all the items we have ID'd.
Conserning the discussion on whether Holmegaard has been sold at IKEA - our response to Tigerchips was based on the fact that we cannot dismiss that IKEA might have sold Holmegaard but the way we read Tigerchips' mail - he/she stated that the IKEA lable was a verification of the ID - we only say "it is not".
Frank is right that Holmegaard signed their things up to the 70'ies and they continued to do this with the most recognized and prized designs.

When all this is said we would very much like to have been informed directly that someone questions the ID of one of our items.

Kindly regards
Danish Retro Design
Bitten & Jette

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2005, 03:07:14 PM »
Thank you for your feedback, we always welcome sellers needing advice on their glass. We do try not to offend when we comment on sales but believe our activities are beneficial to the whole marketplace by the dissemination of our combined knowledge. Many of our membership are published glass researchers and they cooperate here to the best of their abilities.

The board is moderated to avoid excessive accusations and if you feel any unfair remarks are being made then we will happily amend to keep things on a fair basis.

Offline Danish Retro Design

• Members
    • http://danish-retro.com
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2005, 04:31:55 PM »
Dear Frank
We appreciate your reply.
We don't feel offended by anyone questioning our knowledge. But in the name of fairness we suggest that if any sellers are questioned the sellers are informed directly.
We will act anytime on any questioning and this is impossible if we don't know about it.
We only know about this discussion because we are linked to from this board - and we have dubbled back to this board from our web-site statistics. That means by sheer chance.
Kindly regards
Danish Retro Design
Bitten & Jette

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2005, 10:18:06 PM »
If I don't post the question on this board first, how am I to know if the seller is wrong?  :)

There wouldn't be much point informing the seller of something that no one is certian about to begin with.

I hope I didn't cause offence as it was not intended.
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2005, 10:27:23 PM »
Not quite :)

I have been in that situation often and I usually told the person I was going to discuss it in public with a link here. Always had a positive outcome.

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2005, 11:48:49 PM »
OK, I'll do that in future.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2005, 06:26:21 PM »

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #28 on: January 27, 2007, 11:22:23 AM »
Can anyone remember the name of the Ikea bowl? They've ceased production of it and so it no longer appears in their catalogues.

As a quick sidenote, Elme Glasbruk used to design and produce glass for Ikea in the late 1950s. I don't know if that's been brought up elsewhere. I've got an old catalogue page pottering about somewhere on my HD if anyone's interested in it as a new topic, maybe?

Offline Frank

• Author
  • Members
    • Glass history
    • Europe
    • Gateway
Re: Holmegaard from Ikea!
« Reply #29 on: January 27, 2007, 12:04:02 PM »
Yes please, catalogue will be out of copyright.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand