No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Anyone purchased anything from www.modernistglass.com?  (Read 3265 times)

Offline gfirob

• Members
Re: Anyone purchased anything from www.modernistglass.com?
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2010, 12:56:07 AM »
Thanks to all for the helpful comments.  I went ahead and made a deal for the two pieces from Modernglass.com and I feel quiet good about it.  I'm sure the pieces will live up to their descriptions and photographs.  And if they don't, their guarantee is quite good.

I broke a big psychological barrier, a self imposed price limit by buying these from a dealer and I'm not sure its a good thing.  It is very satisfying to discover something somewhere and get a great price for it, but often they have little flaws or residue.

i have always felt the only way to actually learn about something like glass is to get it in your hand and look at it and really experience what it is like,  You can do that without much worry if you are buying them on ebay for $20 because they have some flaw.  You still see in actuality what the designer did and what the materials are and how the size suits the design.  And if it has a chip on it, well I never see that from across the room...

These pieces will be the largest that I have and they will give a different overall scape to the glass I have.  I hope it works out.

Thanks again for the thoughtful commentary.

Rob

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand