No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium Green Bowl? - ID = Bagley equinox  (Read 3631 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Uranium Green Bowl? - ID = Bagley equinox
« on: February 13, 2010, 11:51:03 PM »
This bowl is stunning to look at.  Even with light stands proud.  The bowl measures 7cm in height, approx. 16cm dia.  The square base stand measures 6cm X 6cm.  Can anyone tell me who the originator is and the age of the bowl.  Many thanks

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Uranium Green Bowl?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, 01:43:50 AM »
Think it's a Bagley equinox bowl,1930's onwards,if I'm right,Keith.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:14 AM »
here's a toffee  coloured one,

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 01:47:30 AM »
Bagley "Equinox", for more info see Bowey, Parsons & Parsons Bagley Glass, co-written by our own Angela Bowey. Do buy the book; you'll learn a lot.

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2010, 02:22:54 AM »
Thanks Keith and CathyB for your valuable information.  I will look at the site suggested and consider getting the book.  Have you got a base pic. of the bowl Keith you have just posted?  Not to worry if you haven't.  I must say that I do like the colours.  can you tell me if the one I have just posted is missing a section, which I persume is for flowers?  I have just looked on ebay and found one similar - 110490007916.  I am somewhat surprised about the starting bid as I only got mine for a very cheap price and that was soley because they thought it had a crack on the base, however it turned out to be just the way it had been designed as the markings stood proud on only one side and on the other there were no marks at all

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2010, 12:19:46 PM »
Should be a flower block and if you feel around the outside of the foot there is a 'Made in England' mark,not always easy to see,they can be found for very little money,if you know where to look,
                                                         Keith.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 02:23:56 PM »
That ebay one is a ludicrous price. Needs at least a £20 discount. Yours is more unusual because it is uranium glass. Equinox is hard to find in uranium in any form or size.

Offline keith

• Members
« Reply #7 on: February 14, 2010, 02:32:23 PM »
Forgot these pic's with previous post......

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2010, 11:47:21 PM »
Thanks for the additional pics. Keith.  I will definitely consider purchasing the book.  Once again many thanks to you all for your interest and input.

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2010, 09:04:43 AM »
That ebay one is a ludicrous price. Needs at least a £20 discount

I wouldn't be too dismissive of the example on ebay; although the seller has neglected to give dimensions, if you look at the foot and the overall proportions of the bowl you can see that it's actually the large float bowl, as is sometimes seen paired with the Andromeda figure (an inturned version is also sometimes seen as a lamp) - much harder to find than the two littler equinoxes in my experience.....

by the way, is anyone else having problems accessing the Bagley collection on the Wakefield Museum site? Every time I try to take a look, I get a network time out message.

Steven

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand