No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Recommendations  (Read 1486 times)

Offline gfirob

• Members
Recommendations
« on: February 16, 2010, 10:09:46 PM »
I'm going to be in Stockholm and Copenhagen next week on business and I wonder if anyone can recommend any dealers or shops in either city that would be worth visiting?
Thanks for your help

Rob

Offline a40ty

• Members
  • Copenhagen, Denmark
Re: Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 06:01:06 AM »
What are you looking for, Rob?

Offline gfirob

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 06:24:30 AM »
Scandinavian glass from pre-war to the 1970's.  I am most interested in Finnish glass, but I am really interested in all of it.  I prefer blown glass to still molded or turn molded, but I like Sarpaneva's Finlandia glass too and some of Kaj Franks molded glass.  And actually I'm open to anything interesting.  But I will be on a business trip and would like to see some of this glass first hand, some of which I have only seen in books or on the internet.
Thanks
Rob

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 10:18:42 AM »
Bukowskis Auction House will hold an auction on Feb.22 and 23 which will include glass.

Go to www.bukowskis.se and look for the English tab on the upper right and select
Lilla Buksowskis.

Bill Geary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand