No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Tazza or compote help ID. English or Germany or Russian?  (Read 2533 times)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
Re: Glass Tazza or compote help ID. English or Germany or Russian?
« Reply #10 on: February 18, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
Pattern is in fact French - I found 3 different salts and a creamer  ;D

Vallérysthal 1894 p 214 square salt # 3329

your tazza appears in 1907 catalogue p 218 # 3490, measurements indicated: 300 - 250 - 200 mm

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline claddagh

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 18, 2010, 05:45:02 PM »
Wow Pamela!
You are professional! Thank you, very much appreciated. Did not hear from them anything since last night however.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline claddagh

• Members
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 06:26:14 PM »
Item # 02795 on your site is a reproduction.

Original color is clear or goofus.
The Lord's Supper trays were reproduced by Indiana Glass and sold through Tiara from 1974 to 1998.  The reproductions were available in a wide range of colors.

Item #07768 Dish listed as an Anchor Hocking Relish Dish- AHC19-Clear pattern also called the dot pattern. Made in the 1950s. It was discontinued in 1956.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #13 on: February 18, 2010, 06:42:07 PM »
 :girlcheer: thank you!  :comp:
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.

Offline claddagh

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 18, 2010, 07:52:50 PM »
Do you just collect glass or also sell? I am in present selling on eBay EAPG glass. I have one compote and you might can help me to. I found some ID in one of my milk glass books and it known here in America as Vallerysthal Glass Grape Leaf Bowl Compote. Pictures shown in the book are colored milk glass. Mine is clear. Can you possible tell me when it was made? Thank you.

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Hamburg, Germany
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2010, 06:59:50 PM »
Hi Svetlana, of course I missed your new inquiry hidden here, sorry!

Please open a new thread for this leaf-shaped with more photos, again top and base and different side views.

A very difficult-to-attribute item, I'm afraid, as there are many possible makers  :huh:
Pamela

Offline claddagh

• Members
« Reply #16 on: February 21, 2010, 07:56:24 PM »
Thank you. I did open a new post.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand