No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Blue pressed glass basket - any ideas on maker please?  (Read 3457 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: Blue pressed glass basket - any ideas on maker please?
« Reply #11 on: February 17, 2010, 10:43:35 PM »
I have a copy of the Pressed Glass Club repro catalogue mentioned above if you want anything checking. Dates are 1880-1890 with some additional pages from 1903 and 1910.

The introduction to the reprints says that "the entire stock of moulds and patterns belonging to the Neville Glassworks" were purchased by Davidson's in 1881 after Neville's closed in 1880. In 1885 Davidson bought "all of the moulds belonging to WH Heppell" and "those of Thomas Gray & Co of Gateshead around the same time."  So it is known that Davidson had a huge range of patterns and moulds at this time, few of which show up as designed registered to them!
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline peejyweejy

• Members
  • He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast
Re: Blue pressed glass basket - any ideas on maker please?
« Reply #12 on: February 18, 2010, 08:56:40 AM »
Thanks for the info Anne - that could come in handy. I am beginning to develop quite an interest in pressed glass. I recently bought a copy of a Sowerby Catalogue, Vases, Spills and Baskets from around the same time. And will try and purchase more as I go along.  ;)
Peejy x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand