No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Studio Glass ID Required  (Read 8501 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Studio Glass ID Required
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
Thanks M, for the details, there are some similarities in terms of the pattern. I had put this piece to one side for the time being. Still have many concerns with the base with this one. The vast majority of studio pieces I have seen of a similar nature have clear cased bases and more often than not are signed. Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards more negatives than positives with this one, anyhow, I live in hope!

Thanks again for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »
Greg did you find out any more about this vase?
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
Hi M, nothing concrete, however, I did manage to show it to a few people in the flesh a year or so ago and the general consensus was leaning towards possibly Chinese, largely based on the base finish/treatment.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
Can you get some better pictures of it at all?  One against a background where  the decor in the glass can be seen clearly and maybe a close up shot as well as a clear non blurry shot of the base?  I've been keeping an eye out for this vase and from your pictures the base looks as though it could be a studio piece i.e. smoothly ground base finish...but that might be because I can't see it clearly.
If you get time I would love to see more detail of it.
thanks
m

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand