Looking for Glass on ebay? Angela's Designer Searches can help! Click here!

Author Topic: Studio Glass ID Required  (Read 1693 times)

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Studio Glass ID Required
« Reply #20 on: March 31, 2010, 10:13:03 AM »
Thanks M, for the details, there are some similarities in terms of the pattern. I had put this piece to one side for the time being. Still have many concerns with the base with this one. The vast majority of studio pieces I have seen of a similar nature have clear cased bases and more often than not are signed. Unfortunately, I'm leaning towards more negatives than positives with this one, anyhow, I live in hope!

Thanks again for your thoughts, much appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #21 on: September 23, 2012, 09:41:27 AM »
Greg did you find out any more about this vase?
m

Offline Greg.

• Members
« Reply #22 on: September 23, 2012, 09:36:44 PM »
Hi M, nothing concrete, however, I did manage to show it to a few people in the flesh a year or so ago and the general consensus was leaning towards possibly Chinese, largely based on the base finish/treatment.

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #23 on: September 23, 2012, 10:17:52 PM »
Can you get some better pictures of it at all?  One against a background where  the decor in the glass can be seen clearly and maybe a close up shot as well as a clear non blurry shot of the base?  I've been keeping an eye out for this vase and from your pictures the base looks as though it could be a studio piece i.e. smoothly ground base finish...but that might be because I can't see it clearly.
If you get time I would love to see more detail of it.
thanks
m

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand