Author Topic: LARGE CRANBERRY VASE? - ID = Bristol  (Read 902 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
LARGE CRANBERRY VASE? - ID = Bristol
« on: February 19, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
This is a large vase that measures approx. 26cm in height.  The top dia. measures 10.5cm and the base approx. 8cm.  The vase is thick and extremely heavy.  There is a jagged concave pontil that measures 10cm dia.  From the shoulder of the vase up to the neck of the vase there are rims running around the vase in a ripply effect.  These can be felt from the outside of the vase. There are a few very small bubbles around the vase.  Overall the vase is very smooth to touch. There is a signature on the base of the vase, but unable to make out what it reads. The last letter I am not sure whether it is a letter of signature.   I have looked on various sites but I unable to identify this particular piece.  Can anyone identify this please.  Many thanks in anticipation
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Re: LARGE CRANBERRY VASE?
« Reply #1 on: February 19, 2010, 08:13:55 PM »
Additional pics.
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline glassaddict

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2010, 11:29:07 PM »
Bristol cranberry glass?  Just a thought not an attribution

Hil :)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 20, 2010, 10:57:42 PM »
I will look into that.  Many thanks for you help.   :thup:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
« Reply #4 on: February 20, 2010, 11:11:15 PM »
Like Hil, I read it as Bristol as well Otis. This page has some right at the bottom: http://www.bath.co.uk/bristolblueglass/ and their website is here:
http://www.bristol-glass.co.uk/xcart/product.php?productid=125 :)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #5 on: February 21, 2010, 12:06:21 AM »
Hi Ann/Hil I found the signature on the vase to be old fashion writing and had difficulty with the last letter.   I have been on the site you have suggested and found the video there on YouTube interesting and most amusing - Glass Blowing in Exmoor Glass Porlock Weir.  I am more than grateful for your support on this post.  Many thanks to you both    :thup:

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com