No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: France glass identification needed  (Read 4801 times)

Offline Nancy128

• Members
    • USA
France glass identification needed
« on: November 12, 2005, 07:24:56 PM »
I just came home from an estate sale and bought 2 wonderful ruby flashed/stained glass vases.  I thought I would go on eBay first to see if there is anything that matches and low and behold I found the exact same vase up for auction.  So instead of me, taking photos I just copied the address of the person who is selling the exact vase.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7365315365&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

It would sure be nice if anyone recognizes this.  The base has France embossed with a different number on each vase.  Thanks.  Nancy

Mod: Ebay has deleted this auction, so the images are no longer visible. The GMB recommends using the new attach facility, or the Glass Gallery, to add permanent images to your own posts. Click here for more info.

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2005, 10:49:18 PM »
Sorry Nancy these are from Cristal d'Arques, and were - or are? - produced in considerable quantities.

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2005, 10:52:14 PM »
You can usually pick these up by the dozen from any one trip to a flea market or car boot sale here in the UK. Usually for around £1-2 each.  :(

Offline Nancy128

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2005, 10:55:51 PM »
Thanks everyone.  I kind of had that feeling when I went on eBay and found an exact copy of the ones that I had bought at the estate sale this morning.  Oh well, tomorrow's another day.  Cheers!

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2005, 10:59:53 PM »
Enjoy them Nancy! :)   It's all about buying what you like :P  Anything else is a bonus :P

Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2005, 11:03:54 PM »
Good point, well made.  :lol:

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2005, 09:47:19 AM »
Nancy - with the help of a very nice eBayer who was selling an identical vase to yours complete with its original box!  your vase can now be identified as being - Luminarc, J.G. Durand & Cie, Arques, France. c.70s.
The vase is shown on the front of the box, holding flowers, and it looks really nice. :P

Regards - Anne E.B. :wink:
Anne E.B

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2005, 09:48:58 AM »
Looks like Ivo pipped me to the post :oops:  But it confirms what he thought. :lol:
Anne E.B

Offline Nancy128

• Members
    • USA
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2005, 04:11:43 PM »
Thank you everyone, now I will be able to give it to my brother-in-law for a Christmas present.  He's a little bit of a glass "snob" and will appreciate all the hard work in identifying it!!  Thanks again!
Nancy in Amarillo, Texas

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand