No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars Owls  (Read 2088 times)

Offline herb_62

• Members
  • Glass Mad Annie
Whitefriars Owls
« on: February 21, 2010, 09:00:18 AM »
Can I pick your brains about Whitefriars Owl colours?

The later catalogues list only flint as a colour option.  What other colours were they produced in and when?  The 1972 Catalogue lists F & S.  F being flint obviously but what is S?  From memory I have them in at least 3 colours - lots of Flint ones,  some deep blue ones and some twiglight ones though I have yet to unearth them from the shed.

Annie xxx

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
Re: Whitefriars Owls
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 10:04:21 AM »
Owls produced 1965 - 1980

Colours:  Flint/ Twilight /Ruby /Arctic Blue/Ocean Green/ Silver.(S in the 1972 cat.) 

After 1972 they were produced in Flint only.

Offline WhatHo!

• Members
  • Wolfie
    • Oxford UK
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
What Ho! Slight error in the reply posted by vidrioguapo. As far as im aware owls were not made in ruby, cheers
Something you like, mail me! :)

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2010, 01:55:00 PM »
Certainly Ruby not in the catalogues, but seems Stanj thinks there are some as I have a copy of a posting he did some time ago.  But I suppose we should stick to what the catalogues say.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand