No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Murano Apple?  (Read 3745 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Murano Apple?
« on: February 21, 2010, 11:58:51 AM »
Looks like Murano to me, sharp pontil, textured stem and leaf with gold inclusions.

Any ideas?
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Murano Apple?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2010, 06:40:13 PM »
Tigerchips, I think you're right that it is Murano. I've seen many perfume bottles and other things with this type of filigrana. It might be tough to track down without a label. I have the feeling that most of these types pieces were made in the last 20-30 years, but could be wrong. I've seen labels on some of the bottles, but don't remember who they were. A photographic memory would be wonderful, so I could remember all these things I see online.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline antiquerose123

• Members
  • The Best #1 Forum On the Net, right here !!!
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2010, 06:43:31 PM »
Hi TC - This shape looks the same here.....but just says Murano Apple (??)
http://www.rubylane.com/shops/seasideartgallery/item/512
:fwr: Rose
"People who live in Glass houses should not throw stones"       ::)

Offline herb_62

• Members
  • Glass Mad Annie
« Reply #3 on: February 21, 2010, 11:08:19 PM »
Dunno why .... cos its late Sunday night and I still have 15 things to pack from madly E-Baying .... but it brings to mind my so far unidentified swirly bottles.  Maybe its the swirly bits and the rough cut pontil.

Forgive me ... its late ....

Slightly flagging ..... Annie xxxxx

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2010, 12:08:33 AM »
Dunno why .... cos its late Sunday night and I still have 15 things to pack from madly E-Baying .... but it brings to mind my so far unidentified swirly bottles.  Maybe its the swirly bits and the rough cut pontil.

Forgive me ... its late ....

Slightly flagging ..... Annie xxxxx

Lol, i had a few swirly bottles the other day, wasn't just the bottles that were swirly either.  ;)

Hi Rose, yes, looks like it a little.

Tigerchips, I think you're right that it is Murano. I've seen many perfume bottles and other things with this type of filigrana. It might be tough to track down without a label. I have the feeling that most of these types pieces were made in the last 20-30 years, but could be wrong. I've seen labels on some of the bottles, but don't remember who they were. A photographic memory would be wonderful, so I could remember all these things I see online.

If i had a photographic memory people would love me being on this board, lol.

Murano, i do like to hear that, lol.  :thup:
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2018, 02:58:25 PM »
Found a bunch of fruit on Pinterest described as
La Fenice Vetreria Artistica Murano... https://www.pinterest.com/pin/485966616035852329

I checked out their catalogue but couldn't see any similar.  >:(
http://www.vetrerialafenice.com/1/upload/lafenice.pdf

I think this bottle is by them too as i've seen some with labels.

Label usually reads "Vetreria La Fenice Murano Made In Italy"

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand