No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Resting horse with Murano foil sticker  (Read 1782 times)

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Resting horse with Murano foil sticker
« on: February 23, 2010, 03:16:34 PM »
Any ideas who might have made this rather nice resting horse please?  It has a gold and red foil Murano label.
Perhaps the label could be added to the appropriate section?
TIA ;)
Anne E.B

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
Re: Resting horse with Murano foil sticker
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:34:15 PM »
The resting horses are terrible to try to figure out. I've had a large gold one for a couple of years that I've not been able to positively attribute. There is one thing that I've noticed about them. If they have individually formed legs with hooves, they are good horses. If there legs are pulled out in front and not formed underneath, they were rapidly made. I posted the bottom of a good horse below. I think that several companies made reclining horses and that they are all very similar. I have not been able to find any (other than the Lavorazione Arte Murano bad horses) that have company labels.  >:(

Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Anne E.B.

• Members
    • U.K.
Re: Resting horse with Murano foil sticker
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 06:39:23 PM »
Thank you Anita :)  I will take a picture of the underside tomorrow.
Thought people might be interested in seeing a Murano horse (and a cat) being made  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KlTYgdc2OiY  :o :hiclp:  :hiclp:
Simply amazing!
Anne E.B

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand