No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Huge Czech "Calvin Klein" Alexandrite Vases - Who? When?  (Read 2739 times)

Offline horochar

• Members
Huge Czech "Calvin Klein" Alexandrite Vases - Who? When?
« on: July 27, 2012, 11:58:02 AM »
These beautiful vases are huge and expertly made.  The color changes from blue to purple, depending on the light.  They are signed with acid etched signature "Calvin Klein." Original department store price tag on bottom of tall vase only says "Czech" (and a price of $175).  There is also a UPC code.  I could find no information on them on the net.  Would these have been produced under license by Zelezny Brod? Over what period of time? My hunch is that they may be 10-15 years old or older, and they were from a limited production run, in stores for a few years at most.  I'd love any information on them: manufacturer, designer, age.  I'm not sure they're "collectible" as such.  But who knows?  Not that it terribly matters.  They're gorgeous and useful.

Thanks,
Charles.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Huge Czech "Calvin Klein" Alexandrite Vases - Who? When?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2012, 12:22:59 PM »
You have the supposed  designer - Calvin Klein. www.calvinkleininc.com

Offline adam20

• Members
    • Retro glass and ceramics
    • Scotland
Re: Huge Czech "Calvin Klein" Alexandrite Vases - Who? When?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2012, 02:57:19 PM »
Maybe you could email them.

Adam

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand