No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id please for u. desert bowl  (Read 4828 times)

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: id please for u. desert bowl
« Reply #10 on: February 24, 2010, 12:38:28 PM »
What's usually used is plaster of Paris. Are you sure it's mastic?

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 24, 2010, 02:48:40 PM »
oopps.......the short answer is no, and as you may imagine I was using the term in a general sense :-[.    If they are secured with P. of P. usually, then I'm sure mine is also.     However, I won't pick at it to see, because 'if you pick it then it will never get better'.    thanks again for correcting my error. Paul S. (I really am trying to improve, honestly!)

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2010, 10:32:37 PM »
hi UK GLASS,
I think you should indicate the © of www.pressglas-korrespondenz.de when issuing a snap shot of "Reich's catalogue 'Sammlung Stopfer'", unless you are Siegmar Geiselberger yourself??

Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline UKGLASS

• Members
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2010, 10:53:33 PM »
I thought the pic may be of help to a fellow board member & as Siegmar sent me copies of the catalogues to assist others I feel sure he wouldnt object....... I think it  vanished into British because the initial enquiry was if the item may have been Bagley. :thup:

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #14 on: February 26, 2010, 02:36:30 AM »
It was actually posted into here by Paul initially as he thought it might be English. It's not been moved at all yet. It will now be relocated to the proper place. ;)

UKGLASS, we welcome all info you have to share but if you post scans from other sources please accredit them accordingly, and please don't post anything which is subject to copyright without the permission of the copyright holder, as the board's policy forbids those and they'll be removed by one of the Mods.
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #15 on: July 25, 2012, 03:38:47 PM »
One (incorrectly?) described as Jobling here:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=110919860523
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #16 on: July 25, 2012, 06:17:55 PM »
Anne, that's lovely and a must for my collection! So if the seller agreed to post abroad, I'd like to go for it if nobody else would like it more, please?
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #17 on: July 25, 2012, 07:01:27 PM »
best of luck Pamela, hope you are successful. :)            I suspect it's the similarity with Jobling's 'jade' - which is a lighter and brighter green than Davidson product of the same name  -  that has prompted the apparent mis-attribution here.   Do let us know if you 'win' :)         

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #18 on: July 26, 2012, 08:02:35 AM »
obviously not firing on all cylinders...............it might have been more useful had I said that Jobling 'Jade' fluoresces - as does this small bowl (Davidson 'Jade' did not include uranium dioxide)..............also that Jobling did produce a pattern called 'Rose', and it's most likely that this latter fact is where the confusion has arisen.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand