Author Topic: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White  (Read 2157 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
Hi
I had a look through for this when you posted and didn't find anything  - I read it as Gil White or Eric? White - and just noted what fabulous handwriting.  Even done on glass which must be very hard, it's a beautiful script.
I'll keep looking.
m
Just wondering - if it's that small and that light, is this like lampworked glass?

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
The signature is Eric White. He created hand blown studio glass from a workshop I believe in Esher. There are three pieces displayed in the V & A. I have 17 beautiful pieces but have strangely never managed to find anything about him on the web. Would welcome any further information.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »
Oh thank you so much! I wonder why there is no information about him anywhere?

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Just a bit of extra info to the thread, the V& A have a glass perfume bottle Eric White dated 1980 and it says lampworked.
and just found this on ebay  apparently a Queens Jubilee perfume signed Eric White, shape of a crown, has it's own certificate of authentication signed Eric White and comes in a hard cardboard presentation box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERIC-WHITE-Ltd-Edition-Silver-Jubilee-Perfume-Bottle-/150540335011

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
I have the same piece. I have a flyer with photo's of his work and a little bit about him but I've never been able to see any other info in books or online. the lady I purchased from originally said that perfume bottles had been commissioned for Princess Diana & Nancy Reagan, but I don't know if this is true. I can forward you a copy of my info if you would like. Regards

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
could you take a copy and email it to me? I would be interested to see it, thank you

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:52 AM »
thank you so much Liz, that is brilliant! there he is in all his delicate glory :)

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand