Author Topic: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White  (Read 3309 times)

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
Re: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2010, 09:37:26 PM »
Hi
I had a look through for this when you posted and didn't find anything  - I read it as Gil White or Eric? White - and just noted what fabulous handwriting.  Even done on glass which must be very hard, it's a beautiful script.
I'll keep looking.
m
Just wondering - if it's that small and that light, is this like lampworked glass?

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2011, 07:09:07 PM »
The signature is Eric White. He created hand blown studio glass from a workshop I believe in Esher. There are three pieces displayed in the V & A. I have 17 beautiful pieces but have strangely never managed to find anything about him on the web. Would welcome any further information.

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »
Oh thank you so much! I wonder why there is no information about him anywhere?
Thank you very much!

Lynne
x
Josordoni Collectables - eBay Store

Offline flying free

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2011, 08:10:25 PM »
Just a bit of extra info to the thread, the V& A have a glass perfume bottle Eric White dated 1980 and it says lampworked.
and just found this on ebay  apparently a Queens Jubilee perfume signed Eric White, shape of a crown, has it's own certificate of authentication signed Eric White and comes in a hard cardboard presentation box.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ERIC-WHITE-Ltd-Edition-Silver-Jubilee-Perfume-Bottle-/150540335011

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
« Reply #14 on: February 21, 2011, 05:25:27 AM »
I have the same piece. I have a flyer with photo's of his work and a little bit about him but I've never been able to see any other info in books or online. the lady I purchased from originally said that perfume bottles had been commissioned for Princess Diana & Nancy Reagan, but I don't know if this is true. I can forward you a copy of my info if you would like. Regards

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #15 on: February 21, 2011, 08:59:42 AM »
could you take a copy and email it to me? I would be interested to see it, thank you

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x

Offline josordoni

• Members
    • United Kingdom
    • Josordoni Collectables
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2011, 09:45:52 AM »
thank you so much Liz, that is brilliant! there he is in all his delicate glory :)

Thank you very much!

Lynne
x

Offline chilternhills

• Members
    • Isle of Wight glass
    • UK
    • Isle of Wight Studio Glass Enthusiasts Site
Re: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White
« Reply #17 on: April 17, 2016, 02:58:55 PM »
Just for the record, here are a couple of pictures of the Silver Jubilee PB. It is signed "Eric White 142/500 1978". I would love to know more about Eric if anyone can provide it. Thanks.

Anton
Visit my Isle of Wight Studio Glass enthusiasts' site at http://iowstudioglass.wikidot.com and also Isle of Wight Glass Museum at http://www.isleofwightglassmuseum.org.uk/

Offline Liz Morton

• Members
Re: signature help please: Clear perfume bottle - ID = Eric White
« Reply #18 on: May 10, 2016, 06:29:55 PM »
I have some information on Eric White and I attach a flyer which illustrates his work and gives some info. The V&A purchased 3 bottles in 1980 one of which is a crown, two of the bottles remain on display in the glass section. The silver jubilee crowns were in several different designs, there was a limited edition of 500 of each design.

According to information in the bottle boxes Eric White was born in 1925, lectured in glass at Isleworth and had a studio at Hampton Court/Esher. Unfortunately there seems to be no information on him anywhere on the internet.

Liz

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com