No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Glass Dachshund seeking ID  (Read 4139 times)

Offline Lily of the Valley

• Members
Re: Glass Dachshund seeking ID
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 05:44:26 PM »
Anita, he's purrrrrr-fect! ;D  I love his markings and the way the artist has been able to create a sense of movement in him, right down to his markings.  The first thought that came to my mind when I saw him was .... "It's Richard Parker!"  He is wonderful, Anita, and you are correct, your tiger and my dachshund are very similar, starting with their fabulous feet! :D  It would be nice to see them side-by-side.  Thanks for posting the photos.

My best ...... Lily

(I would never have taken any real notice of the feet if you hadn't pointed them out.)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 07:01:00 PM »
I like your dog's feet. The glassmaker put a couple of extra moves into each foot, giving it some shape.

I'm not really sure if my toger might be an Oriental citizen that was naturalized by the sticker -- kind of like getting one's papers. The compressed body (side to side) reminds me of a small alabastro fish that John sold me. The fish was definitely Murano, so maybe the tiger is, too. The fish was very well made. My tiger is cute and ferocious, but I doubt that CMOG will be requesting him for the museum anytime soon.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
« Reply #12 on: February 26, 2010, 08:24:58 PM »
Plain (not fussy) backgrounds work best Lily and 3mp should be fine, as big as possible as we can always drop them down, but if they're too small we can't make 'em bigger again. ;)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand