No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: what use for Chance Brittania bowl.  (Read 1226 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
what use for Chance Brittania bowl.
« on: February 24, 2010, 08:51:11 PM »
Very recent finds which are obviously identical bowls - one being a simple fruit dish, but what was the intended use for the other  -  was it a sugar??    It runs down to the Ivory de Lux gilt rim bowl on a chrome pedestal, but I can't see a stated use, so answers on a postcard please and send to GMB, and my sincere thanks for looking. Paul S.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: what use for Chance Brittania bowl.
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 01:08:24 AM »
Very nice,no idea,sorry, probably sugar like you say,p.s still looking for that 4.5 inch 'frog' nothing at my local fair,
                                                                                                                                               Keith.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 07:40:01 AM »
Sugar bowl, see page 23. It's also in the price list.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 04:26:12 PM »
thanks to both of you for the contributions.       Appreciate the effort to locate suitable Jade frog Keith  -  although don't want you to spend too much time looking, feel sure one will turn up before too long.    cheers           Paul S.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand