No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Uranium glass deco perfume atomiser...ID  (Read 2430 times)

Offline peejyweejy

• Members
  • He that is of a merry heart hath a continual feast
Uranium glass deco perfume atomiser...ID
« on: February 27, 2010, 04:51:21 PM »
Have looked on Pamela's site and GTS and found nothing - any ideas on country and/or maker please?
Peejy x

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Re: Uranium glass deco perfume atomiser...ID
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2010, 06:46:44 PM »
thought there was a chance of seeing it in Ruth Forsythe's book  -  but no joy  -  maybe French or English.   Sorry this isn't much help.    Notice the bulb looks almost new  -  do you think this has been replaced?     Is there any wear on the bottom of the glass?  -  and does the condition of the metalwork look as tho it is pre war, or much more recent?

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline peejyweejy

• Members
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2010, 07:11:22 PM »
Hi Paul...thanks for your reply. The metal work is not new and looks original to me. It has tiny little rust spots on it and looks like chrome. I have unscrewed the top part to reveal a metal dabber and a tiny, well worn, felt pad that cushions the two metal parts. I have looked at the base with a jewellers loop and there is wear but the ridges have obviously protected it well over the years. In my opinion, this is not a modern piece. It glows under a UV back light. Hope this helps!
Peejy x

Offline pamela

• Members
    • Pressed Glass 1840-1950
    • Hamburg, Germany
    • http://www.pressglas-pavillon.de
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2010, 08:25:28 PM »
Hi Pauline, was so sure I saw it somewhere in my papers...cannot find it again  :-X
however, thinking Saxonia or Austria post WWII
Pamela
Die Erfahrung lehrt, dass, wer auf irgendeinem Gebiet zu sammeln anfängt, eine Wandlung in seiner Seele anheben spürt. Er wird ein freudiger Mensch, den eine tiefere Teilnahme erfüllt, und ein offeneres Verständnis für die Dinge dieser Welt bewegt seine Seele.
Experience teaches that anyone who begins to collect in any field can feel a change in his soul. He becomes a joyful man filled with a deeper empathy, and a more open understanding moves his soul.
Alfred Lichtwark (1852-1914)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline peejyweejy

• Members
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2010, 09:06:07 PM »
Hi Pamela..thanks for the reply, that pleases me, I love the pink with the green...will keep looking  :thup:
Peejy x

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand