No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: some nice pics. for a dark wet Sunday evening.- Whitefriars 'Wealdstone' ?  (Read 2149 times)

Offline keith

• Members
Paul;I think it's quite common for Webbs pieces not to be marked,half my bullseye is the other half not,this bowl is not but the one half it's size is,the vase is mkd but have no idea of it's pattern,
                                                          Keith.

Offline Paul S.

• Members
Anne  -  many thanks for the links, but a bit late at night for me to digest properly, so will look later tomorrow.   Wud seem from the pics. that Keith's amethyst pieces are definintely a stronger 'colour' than my vase.   Cud be just variations in camera quality or lighting.    Paul s.

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
Thanks everyone, that's what I thought! Paul, how are you going to remove the water staining?

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
Hi Paul what on earth made you think you got me going we are all here to help each other we all get things wrong but then others can put us right i have been collecting Italian glass for about 30 years and i am still making mistakes and learning from other members , if we are afraid to ask we will learn nothing , with the W/Fs/ Webb wave range i was told the big difference is when you have a birdseye view W/FS pattern looks round  Webbs look square and i have noticed the pontil of the Webbs is a lot wider usually . :thup:

Offline Paul S.

• Members
thanks Cathy  -  will probably try just metal polish to start with, and if no improvement will add either some cerium oxide or possibly tin oxide  -  these are both used in the jewellery and optic professions (via a power line of course)     If  still no good, I will smear lightly with vaseline, and pretend there was never ever any staining in the first place  ;D (or something similar that was suggested in recent weeks  -  I forget the exact words or by whom).      Will let you know if it works.
jp  -  my sincere thanks for your words of comfort and support.   Personally, I think that Webb's pieces are a worthwhile output to collect, aside from the fact that I tend to favour pre second war material, they are interesting and possibly under-rated still.         Paul S.     

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand