No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Large Wine Glass?  (Read 549 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Large Wine Glass?
« on: March 05, 2010, 12:37:24 AM »
This is an unusual Wine Glass.  Measuring 13.4cm high. Top dia. 12.1cm and  the base stand 7.8cm dia.  Directly in the centre of the base 1.5cm dia. when viewed looks like a magnifying glass.   The Wine Glass appears to made up in sections as there are 4 lines running from top to bottom of the cup itself.  Around the cup there are jagged lines split up into 3 sections of the cup.  These do not appear to be part of the pattern design.  Please correct me if I am wrong.  I have got another one exactly with the same design.  Can anyone identify the originator and age?  Many thanks  :thup:

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Re: Large Wine Glass?
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2010, 12:38:50 AM »
Additional pic.  Please note that I have checked the other Wine Glass and the three jagged patterns that are split into 3 sections, are part of the pattern design and are identical .  Must apologise for the poor quality pics taken.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand