No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Rhombus shaped bowl ID = Zemek for Mstisov Glassworks, "Rhapsody" range  (Read 2428 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
The bowl measures 5.3cm in height, 22cm X 10.5cm.  There is obvious wear to the base.  Can anyone identify this please.  I have browsed via. various sites and unable to find one the same or similar. Originator and age would be of great help.  Many thanks

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Rhombus shaped bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »
Looks like 'Rhapsody' range,Mstisov glassworks by Zemek late 50's/early 60's,good book Hi Sklo Lo sklo!
                                                                                                   Keith.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »
Keith is spot on.

John

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Yep would agree with John and Keith here is a bit more info in some older threads (including one of yours john)
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,30284.msg164040.html#msg164040
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,30594.msg165839.html#msg165839

michelle

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »
Thanks Keith for your prompt response in identify this piece.  I have all intentions of getting the book you have suggested and hopefully it will be very soon.  I have just recently brought the 20th Century Glass book and I can assure you that it will be next on my list.

Thanks John and Michelle for also confirming it's origin.  I am grateful to you all for your time and effort.   Many thanks!
  :thup:

Offline Andy

• Members
Well done Otis,
this is a nice bowl , good find, hopefully with a few books and some nice pieces , you are getting
more experience of recognising the good ones from the mass of cheap old rubbish in Charity shop land  :thup:
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
    • England
Thanks Andy It takes time and books are certainly not cheap.  I just purchased a carnival book the other day and the piece just recently brought helped pay it off.  Anyway thanks for your positive comments and thanks for I.D.  :thup:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand