Author Topic: Rhombus shaped bowl ID = Zemek for Mstisov Glassworks, "Rhapsody" range  (Read 952 times)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
The bowl measures 5.3cm in height, 22cm X 10.5cm.  There is obvious wear to the base.  Can anyone identify this please.  I have browsed via. various sites and unable to find one the same or similar. Originator and age would be of great help.  Many thanks
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Rhombus shaped bowl
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »
Looks like 'Rhapsody' range,Mstisov glassworks by Zemek late 50's/early 60's,good book Hi Sklo Lo sklo!
                                                                                                   Keith.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:57 PM »
Keith is spot on.

John

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 06:48:38 PM »
Yep would agree with John and Keith here is a bit more info in some older threads (including one of yours john)
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,30284.msg164040.html#msg164040
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,30594.msg165839.html#msg165839

michelle

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 07:08:30 PM »
Thanks Keith for your prompt response in identify this piece.  I have all intentions of getting the book you have suggested and hopefully it will be very soon.  I have just recently brought the 20th Century Glass book and I can assure you that it will be next on my list.

Thanks John and Michelle for also confirming it's origin.  I am grateful to you all for your time and effort.   Many thanks!
  :thup:
"Queztionz + (Pozitive + Negative Answerz )= Rezultz.  Rezultz can be + or a - and ztill will end up az Rezutlz".  -(Pozitve + or - Jokuz+ Negative Anzwers), can alzo be deemed az a negative or droll rezult to the initiator. ;)    OO

Offline Andy

• Members
Well done Otis,
this is a nice bowl , good find, hopefully with a few books and some nice pieces , you are getting
more experience of recognising the good ones from the mass of cheap old rubbish in Charity shop land  :thup:
Andy
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Offline Otis Orlando

• Members
Thanks Andy It takes time and books are certainly not cheap.  I just purchased a carnival book the other day and the piece just recently brought helped pay it off.  Anyway thanks for your positive comments and thanks for I.D.  :thup:

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand