No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Is this Walther Sonnenfisch? help needed please  (Read 882 times)

Offline Alison

• Members
Is this Walther Sonnenfisch? help needed please
« on: March 13, 2010, 06:13:45 PM »
hi everyone, i have recently bought this pin dish, i am wondering if it is the one that would go with Walthers Sonnenfisch dressing table set.
thank you
best regards
Alison
i'm just a humble scouser in a glass of my own

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Mosquito

• Members
    • 中国 (China)
    • Jobling Art Glass
Re: Is this Walther Sonnenfisch? help needed please
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2010, 10:08:53 PM »
Hi Alison,

I don't think this is Walther, though I could be wrong. I've owned a few of these in the past, both in amber & rauchtopas. They were certainly produced in the 30s as I have seen an example with a hallmarked silver rim - I can't remember the exact year but it was mid 1930s. Quality is very good, the examples I've handled have been satinised on the underside, then selectively polished. I've always thought these were French, quite possibly Verlys given the colours used & high standard of finish, but I don't have a complete Verlys France catalogue to check. Of course, there were many other makers of similar wares so it's likely to take a while to pin down.

Steven

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Alison

• Members
Re: Is this Walther Sonnenfisch? help needed please
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2010, 10:25:24 PM »
Hi Steve, thank you for that, at least now i have some idea of where to have a nosey, and if you do come up with the maker that would be great, as you say, its nice quality and beautifully polished.
best regards
Alison
i'm just a humble scouser in a glass of my own

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand