No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: VERY odd vases!!! one glows!! ID = Kralik  (Read 2610 times)

Offline SPACEY

• Members
    • www.artbash.co.nz/amandasmart
VERY odd vases!!! one glows!! ID = Kralik
« on: June 24, 2010, 04:36:50 AM »
I have had these 2 for a while and have always been very puzzled by them. they are 21cm tall....... & they look to be covered in glass chips, but smooth on inside. One really glows under UV!!! the other is a cranberry graduation. I have never seen another and would love any light anyone could share. Thanks!!
dedicated to the preservation of shiny delicate objects

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
Re: VERY odd vases!!! one glows!!
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2010, 05:20:28 AM »
Hello, Nice examples. I believe the vases are by Kralik in an overshot finish.  The decor, one with humps on the surface is actually in the process of being renamed. It has been referred to as Humpen, but there has been some recent discussion regarding the name being changed, as Humpen refers to a style of beer stein.

Here is an additional example in a cranberry color overshot and more teardrop shaped protuberances.  If it is OK with you, I would like to copy your images for use on a reference site a group of us are working on.

Craig

I have been told that glass is my mistress......

Offline SPACEY

• Members
    • www.artbash.co.nz/amandasmart
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2010, 05:24:46 AM »
thanks so much! they look like something off Dr.Who YAY, I will now be able to find out more I hope. What year would they be & you are most welcome to my images. email me if you want any higher resolution ones sent to you. cheers, amanda
dedicated to the preservation of shiny delicate objects

Offline obscurities

• Members
    • Bohemian and Czech glass
    • Gatesville, Texas
    • Kralik-Glass.com
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2010, 02:24:14 PM »
Time wise they are likely circa 1900 - 1910 or so.....  I am curious as to their height.  I also sent you an email regarding images as I would love some high res ones....

Craig
I have been told that glass is my mistress......

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand