No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Help Blue Bird signed Ronneby 1989 But No FM ID = Ron Ray, Bluebird of Happiness  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Solil

• Members
http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/solil60/Ronneby/?action=view&current=MVC-021S.jpg

This little Blue Bird signed Ronneby 1989 but does not have the initials FM, does this mean it is not Fare-Marcolin and that it was just made in Ronneby?

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Help Blue Bird signed Ronneby 1989 But No FM
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 10:02:51 AM »
I am no expert on FM but that looks to me like a cheap bit of glass with a dremmel signature.

Seems to be plenty about at the moment, fake signatures on generic Murano items and also on tat masquerading as Mdina.

John

Offline TxSilver

• Members
    • San Marcos Art Glass
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2010, 02:33:57 PM »
I've seen a few FM Ronneby signatures, but never one so coarse. And I've never seen an FM Ronneby piece with an unpolished base. I agree completely with John -- another forged signature.
Anita
San Marcos Art Glass
Visit the Murano Zoo
http://sites.google.com/site/muranozoo/

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 16, 2010, 04:14:18 PM »
John, Anita, thank you so much for your help it is truly appreciated. After looking at a lot of pics and signatures I agree with your opinion(s). I cant imagine anyone forging this kind of thing and to what end. I only paid a few dollars for it and my 9 year old Son thinks its pretty neat even if it is not FM Ronneby, also I know a lot more about FM Ronneby Konstglas than I did a few days ago, so it was not a total loss LOL. I do have a beautiful bird with a highly polished base with ribbons of Green but as of yet have not been able to ID it and I have had it for two years. I have had a lot of Scandinavian glass that was not signed but easily ID as they where all Tapio Wirkkala, I also have the neatest Sun Catcher from Pukeberg and the only reason I know that one is that it still retains the original label, gosh I am going on a bit. Thank you both once again. Irene

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2010, 12:06:19 AM »
A friend spotted the label on this Pukeberg vase, it had been in my kitchen for over a year without me noticing. :-[

John

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2010, 01:05:25 AM »
Hello John, thank you for sharing. Although I live in the USA I was born and raised in Scotland. When I was 14 (that's a while back), I spent a week in llangollen I had a great time although had to admit I was somewhat taken aback to see a restaurant and a railway station after I spent hours and hours hiking up Snowdon, still the view was spectacular. First time I ever had chips with Curry sauce (yummy).

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2010, 01:07:38 AM »
PS, how could you miss that vase?  LMAO

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2010, 08:37:08 AM »
I bought the vase at a flea market, checked it, paid for it and took it home. I then cleaned it and displayed it in the kitchen.

In my defence the label is small, about 2mm in height and placed on one side right at the base see here.

They have just built a new cafe (and visitor centre) on top of Snowden, bulldozing that old eyesore, I haven't seen the new building yet so have no idea if it is an improvement.

John

Offline Solil

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2010, 06:00:44 PM »
Hello John, A few months ago I was lucky enough to find a Renate Stock vase it was so pretty but the labels where so small I had to use a jeweler's loupe to read them, I actually almost missed them as they where so small, here are a few pics you might be interested in, the Orrefors Votives have Green Labels which I am told are "seconds" which came from the Factory shop, I cant find a bothery thing wrong with them, they are really heavy though they weigh over a 1Lb a piece. The Bird I am convinced is Scandinavian/Finnish the Green ribbons look like the Sea Weed Vase By Lindstrand it has a highly polished base but is not signed. This Vase with the air twists is driving me insane, its a beautiful piece and a pretty color also. I thought it might be a Lindstrand piece but it is not signed and I have spent weeks trying to ID it, I have looked at so many pics by every Scandinavian/Finnish/Swedish company that I can think of and no luck, any ideas?. Irene

http://s934.photobucket.com/albums/ad188/solil60/Snandinavian/

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2010, 06:11:28 PM »
I think I remember you posting the bird and the air twist vase before, sorry still can't help with those. I am :mrgreen: about your Pukeberg mushrooms though, they look good enough to eat.

John

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand