No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Anchor Hocking Bowls? What is this marking?  (Read 2180 times)

Offline jpw77

• Members
Anchor Hocking Bowls? What is this marking?
« on: March 16, 2010, 09:31:45 PM »
I've purchased what I believe to be an Anchor Hocking Forest Green set of bowls x6 smaller and x1 larger. The larger bowl has a number 22 on the underside and 1 of the smaller bowls has a broken scribe line on the outside neat the top of the rim and a capital letter D. Would anyine happen to know what this means, is it a signature, trade mark or maybe a D for damaged.
Many thanks J

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Andy

• Members
Re: What is this marking?
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2010, 08:30:02 AM »
Hi J
Welcome to the board, a good tip in the future is to have a more eyecatching descriptive heading,
see tips here,
http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,17458.0.html

Could a Moderator put Anchor Hocking? in the header

Cheers
Andy
 ;D
"Born to lose, Live to win." Ian (Lemmy) Kilmister Motorhead (1945-????)

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline jpw77

• Members
Re: What is this marking?
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 09:11:49 AM »
I've purchased what I believe to be an Anchor Hocking Forest Green set of bowls x6 smaller and x1 larger. The larger bowl has a number 22 on the underside and 1 of the smaller bowls has a broken scribe line on the outside neat the top of the rim and a capital letter D. Would anyine happen to know what this means, is it a signature, trade mark or maybe a D for damaged.
Many thanks J

Here is the mark.......

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
Re: Anchor Hocking Bowls? What is this marking?
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 10:58:44 PM »
With my Moderator hat on I have changed the heading of the thread ...

... but I think a better, and larger, image of the mark will be needed (Images can be, say, up to 800 pixels width, as long as the Kb size is 125 or lower). Also, it might be an idea to try some background paper against the inner side of the bowl to make the mark stand out. Or, if it works on this particular mark, dust it lightly with talcum powder then gently wipe off the surface powder to leave the mark highlighted in white.)
KevinH

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Ohio

• Members
    • Glass USA & Art Deco Lamps
Re: Anchor Hocking Bowls? What is this marking?
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 04:11:55 AM »
As has been previously stated a close-up of the marking is necessary to determine if these are AH. Any D would not have stood for damaged.  The URLs below show both markings on AH glass & labels used. You might see if these match up.  I might add if you are from the US, (how can I put this?) you may be more inclined to to check this US glass board (3rd URL). Ken

[LINK REMOVED]

[LINK REMOVED]

Mod: Links to clicksnipwow removed as site is no longer connected to glass. Please visit http://chataboutdg.com/forums/ and use the search function instead.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand