No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: New website on Australian glass.  (Read 14394 times)

Offline Jo in Australia

• Members
New website on Australian glass.
« Reply #20 on: October 19, 2005, 07:53:41 AM »
Hi Cathy
This may be off the topic a little - but I thought the following vase on ebay was interesting because of its similarity in some ways to the Australian 'Petals' vase:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7358301797&fromMakeTrack=true
o

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Anonymous

« Reply #21 on: October 19, 2005, 08:10:27 AM »
Thanks Jo, that's brilliant! I wondered when something like that would show up, since everything else in that era seems to have been copied from somewhere else.  There are a couple of prominent original designs from about 1939, and I'm not sure all made it through to production.

The petals vase was made in a posy vase size (it's either 1.5 or 2" high - will have to check, no time now), but this one seems to be more flared.

All the best,
Cathy.

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Jo in Australia

• Members
« Reply #22 on: October 19, 2005, 10:09:43 AM »
:shock:  :shock: I have just dragged my little Petals vase from the top of a cupboard where I had forgotten all about it...  and it's far more similar to the vase on ebay than I remembered.
I've taken a photo (ignore the messy desk and the muck on the vase!). The pattern of the petals on mine is definitely the Australian Petals pattern  - the same as on the larger less conical vase and is slightly different to the one on ebay.
http://tinypic.com/erh215.jpg
o

Anonymous

« Reply #23 on: October 20, 2005, 09:01:21 AM »
Thanks again Jo! I have all three sizes made in Australia, but now I don't know what is what. One of them is green and frosted, and one has that alternate frit/plain panel effect. I'll have to dig them all out and compare now. And of course, there's always the possibility that they got hold of the mould.

Bitten off far more than I can chew here.
Cathy

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • My Glass Collection
Re: New website on Australian glass.
« Reply #24 on: December 22, 2009, 05:17:54 AM »
The pics and Tony's album link have all gone from this topic - could they be restored please for future reference? Many thanks. :)
Cheers! Anne, da tekniqual wizzerd
~ Glass Trinket Sets ~ GlassLinks ~ GlasSpeak ~ GlassGallery 
 ~  Glassoholic Blog ~ Glassoholic Gallery ~

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand