Author Topic: Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?  (Read 331 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Hi,
 An interesting topic here that has two possible answers.............. either Circa mid 30's or Baxter 70's ??????
http://www.whitefriars.com/bb_orig/viewtopic.php?t=3654  

It would be great if anyone has thoughts or even pieces !    I hope the post can be viewed because .com is currently having access problems. Nigel was unable to enter the site this morning. Hopefully this link may be a way in.

Regards,
              Patrick.
 Ps, The label is correct for 70's but vase could still have been 30's as it came out of the stock room.

Offline Anne

• GMB Tech Support Manager & "Board (never bored) Dame"
  • Global Moderator
  • Members
  • I has a stick to poke the server with yes!
    • Glass trinket sets
    • Cumbria England
    • ALAVNA Vintage & Collectable Glass
Re: Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 12:54:44 AM »
Patrick, this post by Adam Dodds has info about tatying which seems not to support the idea that potatoes made the bubbles, unless I've read it wrong of course, which is entirely possible! :) Worth reading for interest though... http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,31074.msg170444.html#msg170444

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:18 AM »
Lovely things Patrick. I think it's entirely possible they stayed in the stockroom for 30/40 years, especially if they were trials. They wouldn't have been stock as such. It's something that's less likely to happen these days though.

Search
eBay.com
eBay.co.uk

Enter key words
Link to Glass Encyclopedia
Link to Glass Museum
Enter
key words
to search
Amazon.com