No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?  (Read 1109 times)

Offline Patrick

• Members
Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?
« on: March 23, 2010, 05:34:06 PM »
Hi,
 An interesting topic here that has two possible answers.............. either Circa mid 30's or Baxter 70's ??????
http://www.whitefriars.com/bb_orig/viewtopic.php?t=3654  

It would be great if anyone has thoughts or even pieces !    I hope the post can be viewed because .com is currently having access problems. Nigel was unable to enter the site this morning. Hopefully this link may be a way in.

Regards,
              Patrick.
 Ps, The label is correct for 70's but vase could still have been 30's as it came out of the stock room.

Offline Lustrousstone

• Members
    • Warrington, UK
    • My Gallery
Re: Whitefriars .............. Scandinavia connection possibly ?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2010, 07:30:18 AM »
Lovely things Patrick. I think it's entirely possible they stayed in the stockroom for 30/40 years, especially if they were trials. They wouldn't have been stock as such. It's something that's less likely to happen these days though.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand