No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help identify Murano maker, please.  (Read 2179 times)

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
Re: Please help identify Murano maker, please.
« Reply #10 on: April 11, 2010, 06:17:04 PM »
I would say Vetreria Coperativa Campanella, Sacca Serenella Murano. I have seen some very very similar in their warehouse approx. 10 years ago.
Ciao.

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

Offline wannauseit

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2010, 02:29:59 AM »
Thanks Alex. I haven't found a "match" by image through any of my searches, but that's okay.

If you were a guessing man and these were made by the manufacturer you mentioned, what would you guess from the images I attached, that these could be worth in price range?

I appreciate your help everyone.

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #12 on: April 14, 2010, 10:46:17 AM »
Hi,
I can't rember the wholesale cost at that time (too many years ago). But I should be too far if I say between the 60.000 and the 120.000 Lire for piece. It means between the 30 and the 60 Euro. This would be the wholesale price and it can be converted in a retail price between the 60 and the 180 Euro, more or less, depending the retailer location. Obviously if the item was sold passing by an agent or a distrubutor, you should conside the extra markup for the distributor.
Instead if the item is sold in a "original murano factory showroom" (it is a shame), the retail price can reach easly the 500-900 Euro. But this another sad story  :-X....

Sincerely

Alex

www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand