No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Streaky Multi-Coloured Vase. Identification please  (Read 1654 times)

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
Streaky Multi-Coloured Vase. Identification please
« on: November 19, 2005, 12:01:42 AM »
This vase has green, purple, blue and yellow streaks as you can see.
It weighs approx 720kg and is 8.5 inches high.

No pontil mark

Any info/comments welcome.  :)
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline RAY

• Members
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2005, 02:49:19 PM »
not Hartley wood, the glass is to thin and it look's like it has a ground top and blown in a mould, all wood's glass that I've had and seen there's always a pontil mark, the glass is very thick and as peter say's the rim is away's very uneven,  these streaky vases and other shape's are end of day made from discarded stained glass that's why there always colourful
cheers Ray

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline Tigerchips

• Members
    • UK
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2005, 08:11:30 PM »
Whitefriars also produced these streaky vases and it resembles pattern 9887. I've checked Whitefriars.org and it's not there.

?
http://whitefriars.com/isit_contents.php?ID=1123

Pattern 9887
http://whitefriars.com/isit_contents.php?ID=2216
One day I shall come back. Yes, I shall come back. Until then, there must be no regrets, no tears, no anxieties. Just go forward in all your beliefs and prove to me that I am not mistaken in mine. William Hartnell

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Max

• Global Moderator
  • Members
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2005, 10:02:36 PM »
Whitefriars was my first thought on seeing this vase.  IMVHO, this vase isn't Whitefriars.  It doesn't appear substantial enough and the colours are too bright.  

I haven't seen this style of WF vase in the flesh, but Tiger's vase base looks wrong too.   Only my opinion!  Someone like Vidfletch would be able to say for sure.   :)
I am not a man

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand