No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Kingfisher blue waisted (?) vase  (Read 2410 times)

Offline px

• Members
Kingfisher blue waisted (?) vase
« on: March 28, 2010, 12:35:10 PM »
Sorry again my lack of correct words in this area and foreign language I do not know how to describe this vase factwise,
how would you put it in words, please?  :-\

It is 19,5cm high, diameters 17,5 down to 10,5 cm.
The colour is very much the same kingfisher blue of what I see in my Sklo Union Hermanova vase.
Also the base could be there, however I am doubtful and still looking forward to receiving my Sklo union book, so I wouldn't know.
And we have this saying "A pessimist will not get disappointed"  :P  ::)  and whatever it is I think it's beautiful!

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/pxxu/IMG_5390.jpg

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/pxxu/IMG_5391.jpg

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
Re: Kingfisher blue waisted (?) vase
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2010, 01:05:48 PM »

Hi px,

Your vase appears to be pattern number 982 from the Sklo Union factory at Rosice.  :D (It is in the 1987 Rosice catalogue on the CD database which comes with the Sklo Union: Art before Industry book, by Marcus Newhall)

The colour is turquoise (colour number 22) according to the Rosice colour guide.
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2010, 01:35:50 PM »
I am so very happy, Della, thank you!  :)
Can't wait to get my own book with the cd!

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2010, 07:01:59 PM »
I suppose px, that we cud say this was right down Della's street ;)      Actually, I'm still waiting for my book  -  only joking Anne ;D  -  but really looking forward to seeing it very soon.      cheers      Paul S.   

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2010, 12:13:38 PM »
Paul;  me being some 1000 miles away and new to this forum I may not quite get your jokes, but I don't mind - I can only say I've heard about Downing Street and Portobello Road....but I suppose then "Della's street" is somewhere there, maybe not physically in between but mentally?   ::)  I'm happy with that.  ;)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2010, 01:39:28 PM »
sorry px  -  my humour is falling flat again.   Della Street was the character name of the zealous Woman Friday to Perry Mason in the American film and tv fictional stories of the same name.   She played his secretary, and Paul Drake was his right hand man.   Erle Stanley Gardner created the stories which started in the cinema in the mid thirties and were probaly still being shown on the tv into the nineties.    I will stop making puns.   On the other hand Portobello Road and Dowing Street are real streets  -  although don't think you will find much glass in our Prime Minister's road.   Really like your vase.    cheers.

Offline Della

• Members
  • Addicted to glass!
    • Costa Teguise, Lanzarote
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2010, 11:13:08 PM »
 'n here's me thinkin' it's 'cause I actually worked damned hard on the book and database......... ;D ;D ;D :24:

xx
If I know, I'll comment. If I think I know, I'll have a go. If I have no idea, I'll just keep quiet and learn from others, so the next time I'll know.

Offline px

• Members
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2010, 03:16:00 AM »
Oh no, Paul, please don't stop making "puns" - now that I've just learned the word! I love them - at least when they're so thoroughly explained when I don't get them at all ...  ;D  :24:

(For the other members who try to manage with English as a foreign language: "A pun, or paronomasia, is a form of word play that deliberately exploits an ambiguity between similar-sounding words for humorous or rhetorical effect Such ambiguity may arise from the intentional misuse of homophonical, homographical, homonymic, polysemic, metonymic, or metaphorical[citation needed] language." ) ;)

I know "Perry Mason" is a well known attorney character and surely some of the movies have been shown in our tv too but I've missed them so Della Street - never heard of... (now I know 3 streets in your country)  ;D

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2010, 09:39:17 AM »
which I'm certain you did Della :)

px wow! - you have such wonderful English!  - however, sometimes I have to remind myself that Anne (moderator) is strict ;), and likes to keep the 'Glass' site for matters relating to glass  -  otherwise she will throw us off, into the Cafe ;D......so if you want a conversation on anything other than glass, that is where you and I must go.   

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand