No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Frosted Mdina Paperweight.  (Read 1949 times)

Offline ChrisB

• Members
Frosted Mdina Paperweight.
« on: March 29, 2010, 12:01:18 PM »
Hello all,

A new collector here. Last night I purchased a Mdina paperweight signed off of ebay. Mdina wasn't in the description but the sig on the bottom seems unmistakable. Although I wouldn't even know if a little chinese man has perfected a replica signature, and there are know fakes of these items....however, i just wondered if anyone can give me a bit of info on this piece. I have always admired the Mdina paperweights but never seen a frosted one with a maltese cross etched in. here is a pic. Any info would be great. Many thanks.

Chris

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline suzygpr

• Members
Re: Frosted Mdina Paperweight.
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2010, 12:46:15 PM »
Hi Chris

Judging by the sig it's 80's/90's, there have been a few pieces with the frosting around but I don't think Mdina are still using it.  The Maltese cross motif does appear of quite a few of the frosted paperweights, they come up more frequently than other frosted pieces.  The paperweight itself is in the Sea Urchin colourway. 

Hope this helps

Suzy x

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand