No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Suncatcher clear glass bird - ID = Hadeland  (Read 6986 times)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: Suncatcher clear glass bird - ID = Hadeland
« Reply #10 on: March 06, 2012, 03:08:38 PM »
Thanks Kevin and Rosie, I had no idea it was part of a set. It sounds like it might be a Christmas set of some sort, I wonder what the significance of the bird is? Perhaps an element in a traditional story.

I no longer have mine (auctioned and it did surprisingly well).

John

Offline rosieposie

• Members
    • Glass birds and animals
    • Hampshire. South of England.
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2012, 06:03:45 PM »
I Will keep an eye out for another set and add it to this thread if I see one.  Usually come up around October/ November time.
I'll also see if I can get some info on why there was a bird John... as you say,  may have been part of a story or folk tale.
Rosie.

When all's said and done, there's nothing left to say or do.  Roger McGough.

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2012, 07:55:33 PM »
The suncatcher is labelled a sparrow in Hadeland’s catalogue. It’s part of a series of suncatchers designed as Christmas decorations, made from early 1980s until late 1990s. Made in FLC, they also comprised a heart, a stocking, a bell, an angel, a star, a Christmas tree and two different snow flakes. Some were also available in green and blue. No designer is named in the catalogues of the time.

Small birds like sparrows are common symbols of Christmas, as a reminder to let the benign spirit of Christmas extend to the little ones as well, and feed them during the harsh winter.

mbmb

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2012, 11:02:11 PM »
Oh mbmb,  what a wonderful ending....the full story.....thank you so much.   :)

Now I want the whole set and I so regret selling the little Sparrow. And you say there is a heart, stocking and a bell...wow,  I just have to have them.

Do you know if there is a site where we can see pictures of the set, so we know what we are looking for? 

Where is your location mbmb?  Are you in Norway?
Rosie.

Offline mbmb

• Members
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2012, 12:52:42 PM »
Hi Rosie

I’m glad you appreciated the story of the Hadeland suncatcher(s). Yes, my location is Oslo. Quite a few people here in Norway have a window full of these suncatchers at Christmas (not that we enjoy many daylight hours around here at that time).

Hadeland glassworks has operated continuosly since 1762, but still there’s no museum website or even much in print about the vast range of Hadeland products over the years. I've tried to post photo of a page in the catalogue, but the attachment is too big, or so the system says.

Best of luck on the suncatcher catching!

mbmb

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2012, 01:06:08 PM »
Hi again mbmb,  our 'Technical Wizard', Anne, may be able to help you with the picture sizing.
If you look at the top of the home page you will see all the info on posting pictures here, and it is written by Anne,  so if you have difficulty,  I am sure she will help....her email is a little envelope on the left hand side of the page. 
Do make sure that by posting the picture,  you are not infringing copyright,  but Anne will tell you more about that.
Rosie.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2012, 06:36:43 PM »
A very chubby and well fed sparrow it is too. ;D

That help with photos is here: http://www.glassmessages.com/index.php/topic,6522.0.html

Offline rosieposie

• Members
« Reply #17 on: April 27, 2012, 08:36:36 AM »
It's always nice to have a catch up on old threads, and I did promise that if I saw any of these I would post on here.
This looks like a bell,  but the box has other pieces illustrated,  including the star and more importantly,  the bird.  Sorry it doesn't seem to show the Angel Anik,  but one will turn up eventually,

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/130684841119
Rosie.

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #18 on: April 27, 2012, 12:49:01 PM »
My thoughts an egg cup with recess for pepper and salt . jeg vet ikke . jeg eske Norge . Har det bra . mbmb , jp .

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #19 on: April 27, 2012, 08:16:58 PM »
Unnskyld meg jeg elske Norge . :-[

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum