No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: request for Stuart date.  (Read 1033 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
request for Stuart date.
« on: April 06, 2010, 07:45:13 PM »
here then are the pics. of a smallish Stuart 'apple green' Stratford pattern 'whatever' - possibly a vase?     The Stuart pattern No. is 22887.    I actually paid three quid to a guy at a collectors fair, and told him that it was uranium (had left the torch in the car, can you believe it :'(.   In fact it is not U., but is nonetheless an interesting piece which I like, particularly since I don't yet have any 'apple green' from this group.    Apparently, this series was started in 1921, and individual designs were introduced over the next 30 years or so (at least) - with an alternative colour of 'golden amber' also available.    Anyway, bearing in mind the images of my previous post, wud anyone like to have a stab as to when this particular piece might have been made. :)   Thanks for looking  -  cheers           Paul S.

References:  'British Glass Between The Wars'  -  Edited by Roger Dodsworth  -  Exhibition Catalogue for Broadfield House  -  first printing 1987.
                  Miller's 20th - Century Glass  -  Edited by Andy McConnell - first printing 2006.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand