No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Red long necked bottle Gullaskruf type and age ? but triangular and rough  (Read 591 times)

Offline px

• Members
This is from a friends childhood home so it must be from around 60's.
It is 41,5cm high and otherwise kind of like the famous Gullaskruf A.Percy bottle but blown into a triangular mould, I think, with rough sides and the pontil mark having been cleared so theres a little matt area in the bottom. It is not symmetrical at all, either.

I have no idea from where in the world this could be from, the family have traveled a lot I think and had international contacts already by that time.
Would be nice to know tho'. This friend wanted to get rid of this and was about to sell it on a fleamarket 25 years ago and I bought it from her as I liked it. It is actually the first beautiful glass item I ever bought. Actually I think this friend wouldn't mind getting it back now, but...  ;)

http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/pxxu/00_btm.jpg
http://i343.photobucket.com/albums/o470/pxxu/00_top1.jpg

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
I have one very much like it - and a kindly soul identified it for me as  V. Nason, Murano from the sixties.   

Support the Glass Message Board by finding glass through glass-seek.com

Offline px

• Members
A happy coincidence for me you have one too, and I am very happy to get that information, Ivo. :)
I suppose it is also worth more than the 20mk (abt 3,50EUR) I paid bona fides for it in 1984...and I'll be a good person not to tell my friend what she sold me back then.   ;D

Support the Glass Message Board by finding a book via book-seek.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand