No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: riihimaki ?? ID = Urban for Rosice, #619  (Read 2256 times)

Offline footworktoo

• Members
riihimaki ?? ID = Urban for Rosice, #619
« on: July 12, 2010, 06:44:02 PM »
Hi

Just joined the forum and hope that I can contribute in the future.

I have just purchased this vase and after some research found a similar one in amber. The vendor of the amber vase refers to it as either riihimaki or whitefriars. Do any of you have any information about this vase? I am particularly interested in make and designer name.

I would appreciate any help

Steve

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: riihimaki ??
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2010, 07:18:45 PM »
Hi Steve and welcome to the board  :).

This isn't Riihimaki or Whitefriars...  It's a Rosice jardiniere no.619, designed by Vladislav Urban.  What you've got is a beautiful Czech piece.  (And I'm jealous  ;D)

Offline footworktoo

• Members
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2010, 07:58:49 PM »
Wow thanks for the quick reply. I was certain it wasn't whitefriars so its good to know the maker and designer. I must say that I am extremely happy to have obtained such a great piece of glass. The price tag was really good too only €10!

I hope that I can contribute to the forum at some time.

Steve

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2010, 08:17:58 PM »
Glad I could help... (WARNING: I'm new to glass collecting and do often get confused i.e. things wrong  :-[)

By the way, if you're interested in Czech glass, Jindrich (a brilliant man, extremely knowledgable on Czech glass and a member here) has a fabulous website:  http://www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo
You can find a number of catalogues, photographs and information on Czech glass designers, etc.

All the best!  :)

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand