No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id confirmation please on Aladin or Still ID = Aladin for Rihiimaen Lasi, "Ruusu  (Read 2350 times)

Offline Paul S.

• Members
I suspect Tamara Aladin, but there is a posting on ebay that has confused me, so now not sure   Quite tall at 11", and of course cased and with the concentric circles on the base.    If anyone can offer a pattern name and colour I shall be very grateful, and thanks for looking.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: id confirmation please on Aladin or Still
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 08:27:14 PM »

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 08:40:57 PM »
thanks for the quick reply John.    Maybe they produced a third size -  just re-measured mine and it comes out metric wise at 278mm.    Anyway another nice piece of Finnish for my collection.   cheers.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 08:57:35 PM »
The site does not list every variation in a design, neither colour or size. As far as I know their attributions are sound.

John

Offline Paul S.

• Members
sorry  -  didn't mean that to sound as though I was knocking your generous help.    I still fumble my way around at times :)

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Fear not Paul. ;D

It's worth pointing out that they don't list every variation in a design. Those Reimari vases a few days ago were a good example, one size listed in English, two in Finish but there are three sizes (or more?) that exist in that shape.

John

Offline px

• Members
As it has been noted before here, Tamara Aladin's work has unfortunately not been listed in for example Designlasin Hintakirja and I suppose not (yet?) much in any other book either so information is scattered here and there and thus hard to get together. (I suppose even for those who update the designlasi.com site.)

So there's even a  "Ruusu"  stated as 30cm high found in malachite green. And years 1970-76 mentioned as the production years.
In the reprint of 1974 Riihimäen Lasi pricelist Ruusu (pattern 1477) is mentioned only in size 20cm and amber + olive so maybe it was produced in other varieties for export and/or in earlier years.

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Here's a couple of the shorter ones:

Offline robert1960

• Members
and the two side by side
 The large is very large !

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia