No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Lindshammar vase - maker, period?  (Read 2012 times)

Offline astrid

• Members
    • Astrid's glass collection on Picasa
Lindshammar vase - maker, period?
« on: April 15, 2010, 10:18:14 AM »
Hi, I'm a novice glass collector. I live in the Netherlands, and I'm starting out by taking home relatively cheap items to find out where my real passion is. Scandinavian seems to strike a chord so far, but I do try other things as well.

One of the items I came across and would really like to know more about (designer and period of design/manufacture) is this Lindshammar vase. Anything you can tell me will be gratefully accepted. Don't be afraid to hurt my feelings - I expect to make mistakes, lots even at first and I'm very glad to be told and learn from them.

About the vase, according to the label (see picture) it's handmade. It's a bit irregular in shape, so I believed that. One handle is a little higher than the other, for instance, and the thick rim is slightly different in size at various places. No further markings to be seen anywhere. It's roughly 15 cm high, 11 cm diameter at the rim, about 12-13 cm at the widest point, and 8 cm in diameter at the base.

Thanks,

Astrid

Have a look at my collection online and see if you can set me straight on my identifications : http://picasaweb.google.nl/102861706167408125672

Offline Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Lindshammar vase - maker, period?
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2010, 02:39:12 PM »
They're still in production and in my opinion worth collecting.

Offline Bill G

• Glass Professional
  • Members
    • World Art Glass
Re: Lindshammar vase - maker, period?
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2010, 02:48:27 PM »

Lindshammar Glasbruk was shut down about a year ago by the Norwegian owner.

Bill Geary

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand