No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Whitefriars attribution? Wilcox & Moore Appraisers ? ID = Stuart  (Read 1317 times)

Offline snesbit

• Members
A friend listed this vase on ebay, No. 250615836862.

I saw the piece and suggested the piece was actually Stuart not Whitefriars.  She stated she had the piece appraised by Wilcox & Moore and they were emphatic it was Whitefriars.

She notified them that their attribution was questioned and they provided a number of liver-auctioneers links substantiating their attribution.

Am I having a senior moment, isn't this Stuart?  

Thanks in advance for any confirmation.

Mod: eBay image below is used with permission. Title of thread updated to indicate Stuart attribution.

Offline keith

• Members
Re: Whitefriars attribution? Wilcox & Moore Appraisers ?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2010, 12:02:32 AM »
It's an odd shape but it looks like Stuart to me(peacock I think it's called) ,never seen any WF's like that,
                                                                                                                            Keith.

Offline snesbit

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2010, 12:10:34 AM »
Hey Keith,

I felt this was a small example of Stuart's Cairngorm / "Peacock Trails" line.  But I wanted some definitive confirmation.

Again, thanks for your input.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 01:44:25 AM »
Could you please comfirm that your friend has given permission to use her eBay photo here. And if so, it would be good to also include her other photos of the item as then this posting will remain useful for future reference when the eBay item no longer shows.

And for what it's worth, I agree that the piece looks very much like Stuart "peacock trail" or "cairngorm".
KevinH

Offline johnphilip

• Members
  • JP
    • England
    • eBay ID
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2010, 10:29:49 AM »
100% Not W/Fs 99% Stuart imho .jp :huh: Nice Item

Offline vidrioguapo

• Members
    • England
« Reply #5 on: April 19, 2010, 06:39:35 PM »
I've heard more sellers tell me their items were bought as Whitefriars from auctions or have been told their own piece is Whitefriars when they clearly know nothing.  I would definitely say this is Stuart and I would more than definitely say it is not Whitefriars. ::)

Offline snesbit

• Members
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2010, 05:48:52 PM »
KevH,

I'm sorry for the delay in responding.

I do have permission from Deborah Mitchell to use her pic.  I don't know if anything further is needed to demonstrate her approval. 

But, the original question seems to have been answered with a fairly strong consensus so I'm fine with removing the pic or deleting the post.

Offline KevinH

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • England
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2010, 11:34:35 PM »
Thanks for the confirmation of permission.

Rather than deleting posts because something has been resolved, it is useful to others for future reference to be able to retain the information within the Board. Hence the request for the other pics if possible. But no worries if that cannot be done.
KevinH

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand