No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Please help me find the artist  (Read 1317 times)

Offline Speaker for the dead

• Members
Please help me find the artist
« on: April 19, 2010, 02:58:37 PM »
Hi,
I'm looking for the name of a glass artist from Murano.
He has a little studio/shop and is assisted by a woman.
He specializes in fine detailed engraving I believe. One of his striking creations is a very tall, clear glass piece with an amazing deer in snow engraving.
I'd appreciate any help with finding his name, thanks!

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
Re: Please help me find the artist
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2010, 08:27:49 AM »
Hello. I am Italian I go once a week in Murano island ...if you give me more information...a photo or somithing else probably I can help you  ;D

Offline Speaker for the dead

• Members
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2010, 08:53:14 AM »
Thank you so much! I am afraid that that is all the information I have about him. It's a very small studio on the canal bank, looks like a tiny glass store from the outside and nothing more. The only pieces that I recall from the display on the window are a Japanese glass knife, the hilt is opaque and the blade is engraved, and a few abstract artifacts of glass that have, I believe, an African theme to them.
It is the only store that I can recall had engraved artifacts on display.
I know it's not much but it's the most I can squeeze out of my memory!

Offline silver stain

• Members
    • Murano glass
    • Italy
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2010, 09:08:49 AM »
Unfortunatly there are plenty of tiny glass shops by the canal in Murano island. I am a glass expert and a glass artist if you need suggestions or if I can understand exactly what are you looking for I know all the engraving artist in life in Murano. just I have to understand what you want. No problem Just tell me    best regards Angia

Offline Artofvenice

• Members
    • http://www.artofvenice.com
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 02:25:56 PM »
Considering the place (along the canal), the small shop, the technique (engraver), I suspect that your man is Luigi Camozzo.
I have chatted with him just one time, due to I work with other coldworkers (Ferro family), and probably he doesn't know me, but I know that he works very very well.
This the address:

Fond.ta Venier 3 Murano (close the big iron bridge)  phone 041-736875

I hope these infos can help you

Sincerely

Alex
www.artofvenice.com

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand