No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: id request please for iridescent vase. ID = Royal Brierley Studio Range  (Read 2483 times)

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
Re: id request please for iridescent vase.
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2010, 05:25:10 PM »
Harris, Harris and Harris Ltd. was formed in February 1988, specifically for this Royal Brierley commission. (Mark Hill, p.66)
The white, in particular, can be of very diverse appearance.
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2010, 06:11:18 PM »
my thanks to all again, for your input, especially Sue, although might I tactfully suggest that quoting your source in full would be helpful.    Fortunately, I have just, literally, acquired the Mdina book, so am able to look at pages 66 and 67 - very interesting to read some of the history on this particular subject, and I am now finding that Mdina is growning on me in a big way.    Despite another can of Special Brew I have scanned, carefully, the bottom of my vase but regret to say that I'm certain there is definitely no RB.  

Mod: Comments about "how much glass" have been moved into a new thread in Cafe ... Click here.

Thanks again to all.

Offline chopin-liszt

• Members
    • Scotland, Europe.
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2010, 06:35:04 PM »
 :-[

Sorry, Paul, it's just me being myopic about Mdina and Mark Hill's book,
"Michael Harris: Mdina Glass & Isle of Wight Studio Glass";
Mark Hill Publishing, 2006.
ISBN 0-955-28651-4.

It's a cracking good read too. Hope you enjoy it.
 :thup:
Cheers, Sue M. (she/her)

‘For every problem there is a solution: neat, plausible and wrong’. H.L.Mencken

Offline Paul S.

• Members
« Reply #13 on: April 22, 2010, 06:48:31 PM »
Quite remarkably, I found another piece of the same production today  -  and lo and behold it is marked on the base as shown in the attached picture.    Am I lucky, or am I lucky.   Incidentally, I have taken this picture through a single lens magnifying glass  -  so hope you think it looks good ;D.    thanks to all who contributed to this thread.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand