No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: vase Scandinavian? ID = Nils Landsberg for Orefors, "Dusk"  (Read 2364 times)

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
vase Scandinavian? ID = Nils Landsberg for Orefors, "Dusk"
« on: April 25, 2010, 07:29:49 PM »
Hi, I bought this vase today, the seller seemed to think it was Scottish, the guy standing next to me seemd to think Scandinavian ( I think the colouring points to Scandi also ) A third 'expert' thought Italian! BUT, it does have a very Mdina shape!! can anyone help please? The vase has a polished flat base, stands 9.5" tall x 5.5" wide, Cheers in advance, David.

Offline Greg.

• Members
Re: Mdina vase or Scandinavian?
« Reply #1 on: April 25, 2010, 08:23:53 PM »
think these are Scandinavian possibly Orrefors

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2010, 10:45:12 PM »
Yes looks like Orrefors, Nils Landberg Dusk series, if it is unsigned I would guess a second for some reason.

A couple of photos here:
http://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ScandinavianGlass#5430334814874419586
http://picasaweb.google.com/Johnmj100/ScandinavianGlass#5440463341015707138

John

Offline singingyamada

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2010, 04:03:02 AM »
wow, from a newbie in oz

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2010, 04:47:20 AM »
Mine is so scuffed on the base that you can barely see the signature - perhaps your sig is lost in the scratches on the base?

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2010, 12:14:00 PM »
Thanks for the ID, I'm really chuffed, I bought it for £4.00 at the local boot sale, which just recently has thrown up some really nice glass. The base on this vase is hardly scratched at all, but there is a definate mark to it, that i took as a random mark, just showing to the top of my base pics. I'm gonna check it out as soon as i get home from another boring day at the office!! Thanks for the help everyone :thup: David

Offline davidfish1212

• Members
Re: vase Scandinavian?
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2010, 07:29:51 PM »
John, I think you got it spot on with a seconds vase, the mark on the base looks like a number 2 in Roman numerals!! I have found a couple of air bubbles in the vase, for me not a problem, and thanks to all the info supplied,I think i'm going to end up getting a few more from the 'dusk' range!!! ;D Cheers, David

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand