No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Dansk by Jens Harold Quistgaard but what actually is it ??  (Read 2030 times)

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Dansk by Jens Harold Quistgaard but what actually is it ??
« on: April 27, 2010, 08:25:48 AM »
Hi all
a friend emailed me this last night in a hope i could ID it for him, now i got as far as Dansk Designs LTD by Jens Harold Quistgaard  and his work has either JHQ or IHQ on, company started in 1954 by JHQ, but i have no idea what the object is used for.
Funnily enough i have actually seen these before and not realised they where Dansk, so to see a stickered one has solved one little mystery for me now to work out what they are actually used for.
http://i67.servimg.com/u/f67/14/37/17/66/sl381011.jpg
many thanks in advance
michelle

Offline Pinkspoons

• Members
    • UK
Re: Dansk by Jens Harold Quistgaard but what actually is it ??
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 10:08:44 AM »
Candleholder - they came complete with large church candles bearing holes to the underside that you just popped on top.

Brief history of Dansk:

Dansk Designs was founded in Great Neck, New York in 1954 after American businessman, Ted Nierenberg, spotted some tableware designs by Danish artist/designer Jens Harold Quistgaard whilst visiting Copenhagen's Kunsthandvaerker Museum. Nierenberg contacted Quistgaard and convinced him that his designs could be mass-produced for the American market - thus Dansk Designs was born.

Production of Dansk Design's designs was often outsourced to Scandinavia and Europe, as well as Poland and China more recently.

Offline jonchellycain

• Members
    • my picasa album
Re: Dansk by Jens Harold Quistgaard but what actually is it ??
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:29:34 AM »
 :thup: many thanks nic, thats that little mystery solved for me.
Also thanks for the extra info, it always helps to build a bigger picture of an item
michelle

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand