Author Topic: dartington dish ID = Hilary Green for Dartington, BD836/GR  (Read 626 times)

Offline kazleeb

• Members
dartington dish ID = Hilary Green for Dartington, BD836/GR
« on: April 27, 2010, 05:14:03 PM »
hi,any ideas on the possible date of this please,didnt know it was dartington till i got it home and saw the stamp underneath,thanks kaz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
Re: dartington dish
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 09:03:30 PM »
I don't remember seeing that design before, that, the colour and the etched Dartington makes me think it's fairly modern.

You could contact them and ask if no one else can help: http://www.dartington.co.uk/about/visitors-centre/

John

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 09:24:25 PM »
thankyou John i wil do it tomorrow,kaz

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2010, 06:56:15 PM »
hi,ive emailed dartington and they was great got a answer near enough straight away,its called a star bowl and was in prodution in 1992-1993 they did it in blue and clear both these were in production for a while longer,the production ref is :BD836/GR,it retailed at £135,and designed by Hilary Green who still works there,perhaps ive got a rarity of the future! not bad for a fiver its beautiful in the sun,thanks kaz

Offline glassobsessed

• Members
    • Mdina
    • South Wales
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2010, 07:11:14 PM »
Good to see Dartington customer relations are doing their job well, I think they have answered several questions promptly from members of this board.

I'll be keeping an eye out for one of those bowls too. ;D

John

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2010, 10:31:16 AM »
Hi Kaz, good on you for getting this info! Just checking, do you mean #BD836/GR, or is there a special meaning for the ":"?

hi,ive emailed dartington and they was great got a answer near enough straight away,its called a star bowl and was in prodution in 1992-1993 they did it in blue and clear both these were in production for a while longer,the production ref is :BD836/GR,it retailed at £135,and designed by Hilary Green who still works there,perhaps ive got a rarity of the future! not bad for a fiver its beautiful in the sun,thanks kaz

Offline kazleeb

• Members
« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2010, 06:33:20 PM »
hi Cathy no special meaning sorry i alays do that : after ref ,kaz

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 03:43:46 AM »
Ta Kaz, I can do the title now - since stupid assumptions are worse than stupid questions I thought I'd better ask!  :24:

This Website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand