No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Say it is so: Heavy pink vase -- F. Vizner? ID = F Vizner for Skrlovice 7541/12  (Read 4032 times)

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Hello :)

Is this vase -- 5" high and 4,5" wide with a flat base -- by F. Vizner?  It seems to be similar to the vases here http://picasaweb.google.cz/Jindra8526/FrantisekViznerSklo19592010#5461150982072594450

Or is it just very wishful thinking on my part?

Thank you!

Online Ivo

• Author
  • Members
Re: Say it is so: Heavy pink vase -- F. Vizner?
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2010, 06:02:22 AM »
no it isn't. Wishful thinking that is. Yours is a Vizner vase.

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Re: Say it is so: Heavy pink vase -- F. Vizner?
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2010, 06:23:45 AM »
 :o :o :o Ivo, are you sure???  Because I really did think it was very wishful thinking on my part!  I can't believe it  :chky:

I bought the vase last week for 35zł (about 9 Euro)...  it was listed (as always) as a Murano vase.  Goodness me, I'm so happy!

THANK YOU!  Aha, would you know the number of this vase?  And is it from 1983?

Thank you again! 

Anik

Offline Cathy B

• Global Moderator
  • Members
    • The Crown Crystal Glass Company of Australia
I've assumed the pattern number is #8225, since #8225/25 and 8225/9 are the large and small vases. Let me know if that's wrong.

Just wondering, would the 25 and 9 be the height in cms?

Offline bOBA

• Members
These numbers appearing at the end of pattern numbers do denote heights or lengths in Skrdlovice glass descriptions. I am not sure if the exact pattern quoted is correct, Vizner glass is certainly a Jindrich speciality and he will doubtless confirm the pattern if he reads this post (or you can contact him via his website and feedback to us what his comment is, he is always happy to see examples of Vizner glass!!!). I know Frantisek Vizner did a similar pattern in the mid 1970's in pink and I am not certain which of the two this is, though it certainly looks to be one of the two, a very nice piece indeed,

Robert

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
Thank you, Robert  ;D

I'll wait for Jindrich to pop in here.  I don't feel right contacting him through his website  :[  I'd rather annoy the general population here with my often silly questions than target a specific person.

I'll be patient.  :)

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
Hi friends,
this piece is really designed by Frantisek Vizner for Skrdlovice, but it is not pattern 8225 from 1985 but very simmilar pattern 7541/12 from 1975.
See attached picture from the Skrdlovice pattern collection (now in depositary of Gallery in Nove Mesto na Morave).

All best
Jindrich

www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
OH MY!!!  ;D

Thank you so much, Jindrich and everyone who offered their help and knowledge.  It is truly appreciated!

Now I have to find a safe and happy place for my lovely Vizner vase.  Hee hee  :D

Offline Jindra8526

• Members
You are rich girl now, you have an original pice, this one had not been reproduced by Beranek in 90ties, keep it at safe place and when zou will want to let it, let me know :-)

Jindrich
www.webareal.cz/ceskoslovenskesklo

Offline Anik R

• Members
    • Post-war Czech glass
    • Krakow, Poland
You are rich girl now, you have an original pice, this one had not been reproduced by Beranek in 90ties, keep it at safe place...

:o Huh?

I'm a rich girl now?  OH MY GOODNESS!   :o :o :o
Now that puts me in a HUGE dilemma...  The vase is beautiful (that's why I bought it), but if it's more precious than I think, then maybe I should give it a better/safer home.  I certainly wouldn't want to have an accident with it, or chip it...  oh dear. 

I'll have to think about it.  Boy, did I ever get nervous now  :spls:

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand