No-one likes general adverts, and ours hadn't been updated for ages, so we're having a clear-out and a change round to make the new ones useful to you. These new adverts bring in a small amount to help pay for the board and keep it free for you to use, so please do use them whenever you can, Let our links help you find great books on glass or a new piece for your collection. Thank you for supporting the Board.

Author Topic: Sowerby rose bowl Tynesyde glasswear series ID = Rose Bowl and Block #2570  (Read 5763 times)

Offline Bernard C

• Members
  • Milton Keynes based British glass dealer
Re: Sowerby rose bowl Tynesyde glasswear series info please
« Reply #10 on: May 18, 2010, 10:51:17 AM »
Christine — I never claim uranium or non-uranium without testing.   My photographs were taken in cloudy daylight, and I never do any colour correction.   You can see that it is uranium in direct sunshine, but properly checking this set a couple of nights ago, I turned out all the lights, switched on my tester, and the bowl lit up the whole room.

I don't make mistakes like that, which is why I always test.

Thanks for the opportunity to emphasise this for new members who might not know me.

Bernard C.  8)
Happy New Year to All Glass Makers, Historians, Dealers, and Collectors

Text and Images Copyright © 2004–15 Bernard Cavalot

Offline davem

• Members
Re: Sowerby rose bowl Tynesyde glasswear series ID = Rose Bowl and Block #2570
« Reply #11 on: December 01, 2014, 07:49:29 PM »
Hi , I have a green Sowerby 2602 (without plinth  >:( )which is not uranium so I presume it must be post war ? Any idea how long these were made for ?
It was sold to me as a toothbrush holder which did make me giggle !
Dave.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk
Visit the Glass Encyclopedia
link to glass encyclopedia
Visit the Online Glass Museum
link to glass museum

This website is provided by Angela Bowey, PO Box 113, Paihia 0247, New Zealand